To find the best things to do in Iceland, in this final episode, we start the Iceland Road Trip in the south of Iceland, at our cottage near Vik.
We visited the famous Seljalandfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, saw the incredible black sand beaches of Reynisfjara, and then arrived in Reykjavik for the night.
The next day we set out to explore the Golden Circle, including Geysir, Gullfoss and a hot spring river called Reykjadalur.
Go subscribe to Steve's awesome travel channel: https://www.youtube.com/BackPackerOrg
☆ MORE INFO FROM THIS ICELAND TRAVEL VIDEO ☆
Iceland Travel Partners:
- Iceland Car Rental - https://sadcars.com/
- Where to stay in Iceland - homeaway.com (see “WHERE WE STAYED” section below)
THINGS TO DO in Iceland (in this episode):
► Seljalandsfoss - A popular waterfall in South Iceland, and the only waterfall (that I know of) in Iceland that you can walk behind.
► Skogafoss - Massive curtain waterfall with a drop of 60 meters and a width of 25 meters, also in Southern Iceland.
► Reynisfjara - Incredible black sand beach near Vik with basalt sea stacks to one side and rock formations jetting out of the ocean. Get here early to really appreciate it.
► Reykjavik - Iceland's capital city and home to 122,000 people. Reykjavik is the largest city in Iceland and most traveler's jumping off point for the Ring Road and Golden Circle.
► Golden Circle - The Golden Circle is a popular tourist driving route in southern Iceland, which covers about 300 kilometers looping from Reykjavík into the southern uplands of Iceland and back. There are many Golden Circle tours, but I would recommend doing this with a rental car.
► Geysir - The Geysir Hot Spring Area is home to boiling mud pits, exploding geysers, and the lively Strokkur geyser, which launches water 30 meters (100 ft) every few minutes.
The "Geysir" geyser is said to be the oldest known geyser in the world and where the name originates from.
► Gullfoss - Gullfoss is a very popular waterfall located in the canyon of Hvítá river in southwest Iceland. The name Gullfoss means Golden Waterfall.
► Reykjadalur Hot Springs - A beautiful and unique geothermal river near the town of Hveragerði. It takes about one hour to hike up to the hot springs, so be prepared.
WHERE WE STAYED in Iceland (with HomeAway):
1. Arnarstapi Cottages - http://bit.ly/Arnarstapi-Cottages
2. Akureyi Nollur Farm - http://bit.ly/Nollur-Farm
3. East Iceland Cottage - http://bit.ly/Iceland-Cottage
4. Southern Iceland Cottage - http://bit.ly/South-Iceland-Cottage
5. Reykjavik Bachelor Pad - http://bit.ly/Reykjavik-Apartment
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/TravelDeeper
+ INSTAGRAM ►https://www.instagram.com/tourist2townie
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/tourist2townie
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/tourist2townie
+ SNAPCHAT ►@GarethChat
+ WEB ► http://www.tourist2townie.com
MY TRAVEL VLOGGING GEAR:
- MacBook Pro 15” → http://amzn.to/2g9K6j3
- LaCie Rugged External Hard Drive → http://amzn.to/2fkojHR
- Sony a7ii → http://amzn.to/2gCeBDj
- Sony a7ii 24-70 Lens → http://amzn.to/2fhWexs
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone → http://amzn.to/2g9ALI4
- GoPro Hero 4 → http://amzn.to/2gvfJYI
- KNEKT Underwater Dome → http://amzn.to/2gez11u
- Rode Shotgun Mic → http://amzn.to/2gvg5yg
- Manfrotto 60” Compact Action Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gducpn
- Joby Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gdo6FA
P.S. Did you subscribe? If so, did you click on the notifications bell to receive updates when I launch a new video? If so, thank you!