(8 Aug 2011)
music on catwalks not cleared for use. please replace with your own clearable music
Jakarta, 6 Feb 2011
1. Wide of fashion show featuring children
2. Tilt up from feet to child model
3. Mid of teenagers on runway
Jakarta, 25 June 2011
4. Close up of hand drawing sketch of children clothes
5. Wide of Amanda Purnomo Marki drawing sketch
6. Close up of Amanda
7. Close up of sketch
8. SOUNDBITE: (Indonesian) Amanda Purnomo Marki, child designer
" I like fashion because I always like drawing and watching Fashion TV and reading fashion magazines. I became very interested in fashion when I was 8 years old. At that time I organized a fashion show during my birthday party. "
9. Wide of children''s clothing store
10. Mid of clothes on the rack designed by Amanda
11. Wide of mannequins with Amanda''s design
12. Tilt down of dress
13. Wide of Amanda and her mother walking into store
14. Close up of dress
15. SOUNDBITE: (Indonesian) Noni Purnomo, Amanda''s mother
" She has a passion for designs, so I take her around to see other people''s designs. I bought her fashion magazines. Once I also took her to Paris to see a major Yves Saint Laurent exhibition, and she was really impressed by it. I noticed that she did not just look at the designs, but she also paid close attention to the stitching of each design. I can really tell that she is interested to fashion. "
16. Close up of dress
17. Pan of mannequins with Amanda''s dresses
18. Close up of design of dress
19. Wide of Ade Kartika dressing up a child
20. Tilt down of child wearing Amanda''s dress
21. SOUNDBITE: (Indonesian) Ade Kartika, Alleira Kids director
" Amanda''s designs are not monotonous, but she likes to explore various designs. She can do coats, jackets, blazers and ball gowns. She likes exploring and she has a great potential as a designer. "
24. Wide of child showing off Amanda''s dress
25. Tilt down of Amanda''s dress
26. Wide of two girls showing off Amanda''s dresses
27. Tilt down of Amanda''s dress
28. SOUNDBITE: (Indonesian) Amanda Purnomo Marki, child designer
" The first thing we would do is to have a meeting to arrange a fashion show featuring an upcoming clothing line. Then I have to work on the designs. I usually make many designs first, and then the store will select the best collection. Then I choose the fabric and colors for the designs. "
Jakarta, 6 Feb 2011
29. Wide of Amanda walking on runway during her fashion show
An eleven year old designer in Indonesia is succeeding in the high octane world of fashion.
Amanda Purnomo Marki''s career began when she became a children''s model aged 7.
This is not your usual fashion show for children.
It features the globally acclaimed Indonesian batik, a traditional fabric made with a unique dyeing process.
But these children are not strutting down the runway with dresses made by famous Indonesian batik designers.
They are showing off dresses made by an 11-year-old schoolgirl.
Amanda Purnomo Marki has always liked two things- drawing and fashion.
When she was 7, she modeled for a children line and began to learn about the business then.
She asked her mother an unusual gift for her 8th birthday party. She wanted to have a fashion show of her own.
She then made a bunch of designs and got some of her friends to be her models.
The Indonesian Museum of Records found out about it and awarded Amanda with the title of the country''s youngest designer in 2008.
People working for a popular batik line also got wind of Amanda''s talent.
They approached her to put together a professional fashion show for her designs.
Within just a couple of months, Amanda created 30 batik designs for the show.
For Amanda, she is living her dream.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/7278e89fd17d71f9721fdb9195d7e611
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork