Series playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPo00Kvl9Ha0TkNi6QdmiD6waqD4mxC5n&playnext=1
I've been live streaming my Path of Exile YouTube recording over at https://twitch.tv/narnach
Path of Exile v2.6: Legacy League allows us to play previous leagues at the same time by equipping up to 3 Legacystones that turn the next few maps into a supercharged version of that league. We also get official support for solo self-found.
We will be playing a build that tries to be sturdy while also dishing out quite some damage. This is the Wild Strike Gladiator, which will be able to achieve 78% max block in combat when we get an Anvil amulet, otherwise we will have to settle for about 70% block chance.
Siosa, the ghost in the Library, will now sell all vendor gems to us once we solve his quest, so we can finally stop hoarding all those stupid level 1 gems, and we will get access to all vendor gems that we normally could not buy due to our class choice. Wild Strike, our main attack, is a level 28 gem that is available to the Ranger and Shadow, but Siosa should sell it to us.
Links are listed in order of importance in case you don't have a 4/5/6 link.
- Body: Wild Strike + Melee Physical + Weapon Elemental + Multistrike + Added Fire + Faster Attacks
- Helmet: Flame Dash, Tempest Shield, Herald of Ash, Ancestral Warchief
- Glove: Frenzy + Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify
- Boots: Cast when damage Taken (high level, trigger around 50% of life) + Immortal Call + Elemental Weakness + Stone Golem
- Weapon: Decoy Totem, Enduring Cry, Hatred
- Shield: Vengeance + Reckoning + Life on Hit
Shield Charge is your main movement skill and Flame Dash is simply there to hop over ledges. If you can use Leap Slam, use that instead. I'm currently using a claw, and that doesn't work with Leap Slam.
- Str: We will get a LOT from the passive skill tree, but getting more gives life + damage, so that's good.
- Dex: Need 155 if we want to max our dex skills, but even one item with dex will solve that.
- Int: Need 58-155 for Elemental Weakness, but the passive skill tree only give 104. Accept lower level, or get +51 int on items.
- End of Normal: http://poeurl.com/7p9
- End of Cruel: http://poeurl.com/7qe
- End of Merciless: http://poeurl.com/7qg
- Red Maps: http://poeurl.com/7qk
*Rare Items & Crafting*
All our Armour gear will be strength based because we use a lot of red gems. This means we will scale the Armour defense stat, which will help us deal with low/medium physical damage. High spike damage is a bad combo for Armour, but I hope that with (near) max block, endurance charges and Immortal Call, we can take the edge off physical spikes and let our Armour do the rest.
We are going for a 1-handed weapon + tower shield, currently thinking to use the slowest weapon we can find (a mace) and inflict some status ailments with our 100% elemental damage.
On our weapon we want +physical damage/%physical damage, and accuracy. On other gear we want to get +life, +armour/%armour, resistances, accuracy.
- The Anvil amulet (+3% max block, life/mana on block, thorns damage)
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around deep character customisation and a strong online item economy. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".
- Game site: https://www.pathofexile.com/
- Fall of Oriath expansion: https://www.pathofexile.com/oriath
- Legacy League News Item: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839767
- Patch 2.6 patch notes: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765
- My loot filter: https://gist.github.com/Narnach/79e57e9846851e69eb01 (Updated for Legacy League)
- My PoE profile: http://poeurl.com/Wze
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/narnach
- Twitch.tv: https://twitch.tv/narnach
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/narnach
- Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/narnach?sub_confirmation=1
I record Let's Play video game series about Action RPGs and strategy games. I love simulation and programming games as well, though they play a smaller part on my channel. I'm an analytical player, so my playthrough will be filled with English commentary analyzing the game, comparing and contrasting it with others, and trying to understand the mechanics behind the game. If you are a developer, feel free to reach out if you want me to look at your game!