How to sleep easily on a plane? People who can easily fall asleep on a plane are among the lucky few because most of us aren’t able to doze off in a cramped space, sitting in such an uncomfortable position and surrounded by total strangers.
What if we told you there are some simple tricks that can help you catch some Z’s on board? Who knew that flying on a Tuesday or keeping your seat belt fastened could actually make a difference?
Night is the best time for a flight 0:34
The best days to fly are Tuesdays and Wednesdays 1:27
The perfect seat is by the window 2:16
Tilt your seat back to the max 3:17
Clothes should be warm and comfortable 3:58
Fasten your seat belt over your clothes 4:43
Get yourself some sleeping accessories 5:25
Control the scents around you 6:05
Put your gadgets away 6:59
Food and drinks 7:34
- It’s great if you can pick a flight for the time you usually sleep at. Wake up 2-3 hours earlier on the day of your flight to help you fall asleep faster on board later on.
- If you want fewer passengers and more space, pick the most unpopular days for booking flights: Tuesdays and Wednesdays, as a rule. You might even get up to 3 seats to yourself!
- Always try to pick a window seat to rest your head on the wall and not be bothered by your neighbor wanting to get up to go to the bathroom. If you normally sleep on your left side, aim for seat A. If your right side is your preferred sleeping position, pick the window seat on the opposite side of the plane.
- If you want good quality sleep in the cabin, adjust your seat as far back as it’ll go. Just make sure the person behind you doesn’t mind.
- To have a sound nap onboard, you should wear loose clothes made of natural materials that don’t constrict your movements. If your airline doesn’t provide blankets, take a jacket and warm socks too.
- A seat belt fastened over your clothes or blanket won’t make your sleep more comfortable, but it will prevent flight attendants from waking you up if the plane experiences turbulence.
- Light and noise are the main culprits that keep you from getting needed shuteye. So this answer might be obvious: use a sleeping mask and earplugs!
- You can control the scents in your immediate surrounding. Just sprinkle the head rest or your travel pillow with some lavender oil or any other essential oil you like.
- Don’t watch movies on your phone, tablet, or laptop because the blue light of the screen wakes your brain up. Most sleep experts say you should put away all your electronics at least half an hour, or, better yet, an hour before you plan on dozing off.
- If you want to be fast asleep, don’t overeat onboard. The food should be light and healthy, while the best drink option is tea (the herbal variety is perfect) or just plain water.
Have your own tricks to share? The comments section is all yours to speak up!
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit:
Ugh, please dont spray or sprinkle any oils or perfume. It is really annoying esp if your nose is already dried out from the dry air. Fresh air is best and wont give anyone a headache or sore throat..scents even make me dizzy and feverish if i have to sit in it for hours
The seats infront of the lavatories are actually pretty good if you want to recline your seat really far out. You dont have to think abt annoying the person behind you because theres no one behind you. Theres usually a big space
Okay guys just don’t sleep at night so when you get on the plane after no sleep you will instantly fall asleep and when your waiting for your planes don’t sit down and just walk around so it will make you tired
Hi Bright Side!
Love your videos! I am compelled to wonder though, which one of your computer graphic artists got "creative" at :47?
What a hoot!...the watch reads
4:20 PM! I love it!!! As a graphic artist myself, when I have the opportunity, I always set the clock for 4:20 also!
Ha ha ha fellow blazer!
Puff puff pass!
Tilt your sit to the maximum??? That's a very bad idea...besides being rude to the person behind you...you have no consideration too....I have been a victim of that idea...what I did to that passenger will be a unforgettable lesson for him.. ..PLEASE DON'T FOLLOW THAT RECOMMENDATION.
I fall asleep as soon as the plane starts moving/rocking me to sleep... thank you... it is like seconds and we have arrived!! It is just too boring for me to stay awake, unless there is a good lookin' man beside me, I have fallen asleep on a shoulder or two that is very comfy... :)
I use a headband which covers my eyes and my ears but not the top of my head. Made of polar plus and three layers thick. This cuts light and sound to a very large extent without causing overheating. Of course travelling for 12 hours starting from 1 am before I even START the flight is a good recipe for falling asleep. Just wait until you board the plane before collapsing from fatigue.
Trick your body into falling asleep? Not sure about the rest of you but my body can tell he difference between lying down and sitting up in a cramped seat. A lot people on planes look asleep but most of the arent. There eyes are shut but thats about it.
You’ve got to be kidding me! Spraying your pillow or yourself with a scent of any kind can be a problem. I may think it smells great, but some around me may not, or worse yet, be allergic to some smells you may love! For example, the smell of vanilla makes me physically ill!
If you are here, it means you are either looking for a good movie or TV shows streaming App for your smartphone. There is no doubt that you have chosen the Cartoon HD App for this purpose. Once you decide to use Cartoon HD the next thing which required is APK file of this app because it’s not available on Google Play Store. So here in this post, I will provide you step by step assistance to download Cartoon HD APK file , and the proper way to install it on Android phones.
Cartoon HD is one of the most popular Movies and TV shows streaming app for Android and iOS. The app gains popularity in very short span of time. The App is loaded with excellent features with a vast library of Movies and TV shows. As the name itself refers cartoon HD , here, you will get all videos in high definition quality. Apart from this it has also provision for watching the same video iल different quality such as low, medium and high as per your wish and your internet speed.
In this post, I’ll guide on how to download Cartoon HD APK & install it on the smartphone . You can download Cartoon HD for your iOS and Android. If you want to enjoy the all features of Cartoon HD on your PC then it can also be done. Here is a separate article on that topic too, please refer.
Before discussing how to download Cartoon HD APK, first of all, have a look on some of the best features of Cartoon HD app. These features are more enough to prove that your choice for Cartoon HD App is absolutely right. The features of Cartoon HD app are as follows.
Features of Cartoon HD App for Android.
The App is completely free, so you do not need to pay a single coin for downloading it. The user interface of the app is very simple, you will fall in love with it. The app is available for Android and iOS platforms. So either you are an Android phone user or a iOS, i.e., iPhone or iPad user you can enjoy the streaming of your favorite movie and TV shows in High Definition video quality.